WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
3. When you place an order for the registration of a domain name, you are required to provide information such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. All such information is mandatory to provide the service requested unless otherwise stated at the time. You shall also be required to provide the name, postal address, email address and telephone number of the technical, administrative and billing contacts associated with the domain name.
4. In compliance with our obligations as a domain name reseller and as required by ICANN and domain name registries, we collect further mandatory data in relation to domain names including (1) the domain name (2) original creation date (3) expiration date and (4) the names of the primary and secondary name servers for the domain together with IP addresses.
5. The information collected by .radio domains will be published in the applicable domain name WHOIS (a service offered by each domain name registry that allows users to check domain name registration details) and is capable of being accessed globally. In order to comply with our regulatory obligations, we will disclose certain data, such as names and contact information to ICANN and domain name registries.
6. We also log other identifying details necessary for the provision of our services and to ensure we only act on your instructions, such as written communications, confirmations, modifications and any other related correspondence, payment source information, log files, billing records and any other communications information such as source IP address, HTTP headers and other records concerning registration such as dates, times, zones and sessions.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
8. The information you provide when registering a domain name is required to allow us to properly handle your domain name registration, administer your account, including notifying you about matters related to the domain name, such as renewal or updates. We might also use your personal information for marketing and analytical purposes when permitted by law.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
9. Security is a high priority for us. We take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA?
10. In accordance with the requirements as a domain name registrar, we are required to disclose your information as follows:
i. We make WHOIS data available to the public for free query-based access;
ii.We make domain related data, including communications with you, available to ICANN and domain name registries pursuant to their rules and regulations;
iii. We escrow domain related data daily or as often as is required to reputable third parties appointed by ICANN or domain registries; and
iv. We allow third parties access to WHOIS data in bulk provided they agree, amongst other things, not to use them improperly such as for the transmission of unsolicited commercial email.
11. The disclosure of your personal information to ICANN and other third parties involves the transfer of your personal information to entities located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to perform the services.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND RECTIFY PERSONAL DATA?
12. You can modify most of your data in your account on www.register.radio. If you need to update some data which are not updatable through the "my account" feature then please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ABOUT OTHERS
13. In providing personal information about other individuals (such as someone in whose name you are registering or the domain name’s technical or billing contacts) you represent that you have notified them of (i) the purposes for which information will be used (ii) the recipients of their personal information and (iii) how they can access and correct the information. You further represent that you have obtained their consent.
14. We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
16. If you have any queries concerning this policy, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 3 August 2017